Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ze Beauty of Ze Elektronik Zircoots

Life has in store its own ups and downs for everyone. So is the case with the output of a 'HIGH PASS RC CIRCUIT EXCITED BY A SQUARE WAVE INPUT' according to a certain Mr. U.A. Bakshi, as he states in his book on Electronic circuits. This however, is not the case with the output of a 'HIGH PASS RC CIRCUIT WITH A STEP INPUT'. No ups or downs here...only an exponentially decreasing curve (which so perfectly represents my inclination to study plotted against time). Why? Well Mr. Bakshi seems to be strongly convinced that the 'STEP INPUT' thingy is the culprit here, which when replaced by the good old square input is guaranteed to give one a beautiful pattern of ups and downs.

No! Definitely not! I'm not out of my rockers...yet. But the way things have been going for the past few days, I am convinced I soon will be.

I've been receiving text messages and calls for the past two days from readers enquiring me as to the state of affairs with the cat I mentioned in my previous posts. People seem to be more concerned with the creature that saw THE BOOK and scampered off within a second, than the poor bloke (ME!) who has to carry it around all day, trying to make sense out of it.

To be truthful, I have no actual knowledge of the fate of my feline friend. I doubt if I would ever know, because the creature has probably had enough of Measurements and Instrumentation to last it the rest of its nine lives. I couldn't agree more with its sentiments towards the subject. But I cannot take the easy way out and scamper off like the cat did...this is my curse and I have to put up with it at least till next week when I'd have finished the exam.

All this studying is having a rather bad effect on me...made my head spin violently the other day when I was thinking about it and almost slipped down the stairs. Speaking of slipping down stairs, I am reminded of a 'small' accident a friend of mine met with, as a result of which he finds himself able to lie down flat, stand, walk about, study and indulge in every activity he wants to... except for anything that involves sitting down, which he can't do without subjecting himself to considerable pain. The story goes thus:

This certain chappie we call 'Geth' (don't ask why) is one of the 'Exceptionally Exceptional cases' in the college...exceptional enough to want to climb 2 sets of stairs to reach floor 3 from floor 1, to borrow a book that contained the definition for... er...I forgot the term...it had something to do with organic chemistry I guess...Coming back to the point, our friend 'Geth', successful in his quest descends to floor 1 in the most dramatic manner possible. While climbing down the stairs, an ecstatic 'Geth' missed steps 1, 2, 3, hit step 4 on his bottom, missed step 5 and finally landed on step 6, again on his bottom. All this missing and landing steps on his bottom took its toll on the same part, and he now has to adopt certain specialized procedures to go to the loo. Exactly how he does it is still one of the hostel's biggest mysteries...sigh... So much for exams...

2 comments:

Mc Neill Ivan said...

Forget the content of this post. I am yet to read the post. The topic alone had me in splits

Mc Neill Ivan said...

The profile pic almost matches your original self (except for the moustache you have)