Sunday, October 01, 2006

My First Blog

Well Hi! This is the first time i'm blogging. I'm actually kind of lazy, really lazy infact, so can't be posting often.......so here goes.....i've been at this goddamn place you call an engineering college for the past 2 months, and it is certainly a very happening place. I've changed a lot in these 2 months......i don't flinch anymore when i see someone swearing really really indecently. If i did i'd have to keep flinching all the time....and there has been a drastic fall in the hygiene i practise.....i use more deospray than drinking water these days . And there is the gentlemen's mess, though i really don't see what there is so gentlemanly about it.......neither the mess staff nor the students who dine there can be called 'gentlemen'. Well, coming to the point, the mess food, though not inedible, is certainly far from edible. And about my roommates....i have two, Ela and Andy. Well, they were actually named Anand Elamaran and Anandaraman by their parents, but there is no point in using such long names...is there? One is from Salem and the other from Namakkal.....small town boys with big mouths, especially Andy. They are kind of fun to be with, but i hate the kind of look they give me when i use deospray if i don't have time to take a bath. I mean, i do atleast take baths regularly....if not daily...well not daily...but still often. There is a lot more....but i've to attend to my Electric Circuits assignment now.....and hey everyone, check out this poem i wrote....it'd be a really fine description of my maths professor ...


MY PROFESSOR
I cannot take it any more professor!
My concentration is growing lesser and lesser
You sound like you are completely drunk
Your's is a class I'd love to bunk

I find more meaning in a donkey's bray
When I compare it to what you say
You keep going on with all that crap
While we all get ourselves a midday nap

Maybe if you were a little more brief
You wouldn't fill us with so much grief
Please continue with your ancient lore
While everyone around me is starting to snore

I don't know whether to break down and weep
Or put my head down and go to sleep
Which one to do, I can't decide
Any more of this and I might commit suicide

Abandoned by all fortune and luck
Here in your class I remain stuck
To you, I'd like to be as near
As the distance travelled by light in one year

Time dilation, I thought was just spoof
But your class is real life proof
You think you are Albert Einstein
But to us you look like Frankenstein

Oh God! Will this agony ever end?
Some kind of relief please do send
I feel as though I'm suffering in hell
Ah! There goes the blessed bell!
Hope you liked it
-Srivats...

2 comments:

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

hey....nice....keep writing...

Unknown said...

hey...sema...keep blogging