Monday, October 23, 2006

Down in the dumps....

Its diwali holidays, the time when everyone's happy, celebrating and enjoying.......well, i'm not everyone. I'm at the peak of being depressed right now.....I'd be richer than Bill Gates, if sorrow was money. I don't know the exact reason why I'm depressed......a lot of factors are contributing to the way my mood is. To begin with, I was actually planning to write about something else for this post, and it didn't come out as well as i expected, so I dropped it, which made me feel bad. I'd been planning it for long. Also, i'm suffering from a real lack of inspiration haven't written anything good since i came to this college. I had written the poem in my first post long back, when i was in school.

Secondly, I had planned atleast 2 movies with my friends. My plan flopped......my friend managed to get himself an ED special class to attend from out of nowhere at the last moment. Really annoying.....

And the third and the most important cause is, I HAVE A DAMN BASIC COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING TEST ON WEDNESDAY!! Basic Communication Engineering is a pain in the neck, if you ask me. The prospect of actually writing a test on the damn subject is certainly far from appealing. And added to the fact that I, being the genius I am, managed to leave my textbook back in the hostel, makes the idea of writing the test really, really uninviting.
Because, without the textbook, we are finished (Having the text book too doesn't make much difference, you can't understand the damn subject anyway. But you get the comforting feeling that even the author doesn't know what he is saying). My basic communication lecturer is already sort of displeased with me.....I sleep openly in her classes, and she's caught me sleeping often. And my dismal performance in the midsemester examinations did nothing to improve her opinion about me. She probably thinks I'm a brainless fool (Its perfectly fair, though. My idea about her is nearly the same).

It all started like this......one fine day, we EEE students were unfortunate enough to have a basic communication engineering class. As expected, the class put me in a coma. When i woke up, i found myself staring into the eyes of a great ugly monster that was looking at me as though it was about to gobble me up. I rubbed my eyes and strained them, by which act, i discovered that the great ugly monster was actually my lecturer. She asked me to stand up......and I managed to accomplish the feat really well. The reader must understand that i was not yet completely out of my coma; I was still in a highly delirious state. I really don't remember what she was telling me, but i guessed it was something unpleasant. After a minute of yelling at me, she asked "What are the advantages of Frequency Discrimination method?" I was about to say "Frequency Discrimination? Sorry ma'am, i don't know the chap", when it suddenly struck my clever brain that she was probably asking some question from what she'd been teaching. That didn't make Frequency Discrimination any more familiar to me, however. So i did the best thing i could do.......total silence....My lecturer was obviously not pleased, that i could understand. And so she said, "I'm going to mark you absent because you were mentally absent." That really made me angry. I attend the class only for the sake of attendance. Had wasted 50 minutes for nothing that day. She was going to note down my name and she told me so. I obliged her request by stating my name. She said "What?" And i stated my name again. And once again, she said, "What?" Well, i knew her iq level was a bit low, but didn't imagine it to be that bad. So, i spelled out my name loudly for her. The class burst out laughing.....and that started it....the conflict of wills between me and the lecturer...

Well, coming back to the point, there are other reasons too, why I'm depressed. But i really don't feel like sharing them...they are not that depressing as the BCE test is.....yawn.....am gonna go back to sleep....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey man!!! its cool as usual...but then i want to see ur bce mam..!!!:)
so... u r depressed??no doubt Mr.sincere ll be depressed if he is nnot able to prepare for his tests!!

Anusha said...

nice blog!!! gr8 descriptions of ur teachers!! :)