Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm Going Mad...SERIOUSLY!

I'm going mad. I really am. Let me tell you why I think so.

Why I Think I'm Going Mad:

1.I'm an engineering student.
2.I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student.
3.I'm in second year of college.
4.I have EEE lab.
5.Our maths teacher is giving people short names(She's probably too dumb to read out their full names).
6.She expects people to attend tutorial hours.
7.She actually expects us to solve problems in tutorial hours.
8.We have to attend tutorial classes for DC Machines too.
9.Our DC Machines lecturer expects us to believe that the weird looking enlarged eyeball she drew on the board was a DC Motor.
10.Solid State Devices.


Sigh...
It all started on my first day in second year. That was five days ago. I woke up at 6.30 on the day mentioned above and dressed like I was about to attend an interview. As for the thing one calls bathing that is usually done between waking up and dresssing for class...grow up people..!! What are deo-sprays for?!! Washed my face and actually smeared some sacred ash on my forehead...or at least, that's what I wanted people to believe. A wiser person would've asked me if it was Ponds sandal talc or Cinthol deo talc (it was Ponds, by the way ). The point is, the final result produced was an image of Ultimate Studiousness. That combined with my 'sincerely listening and occassional nodding' act, and the lecs would've taken me to be the most studious person in the college.

Anyways, I entered the class with a kind of bad feeling...and left it with a worser one. This was what happened in between:

Two hours of Field Theory: I fell into coma right on the first class of the year...have nothing against the subject or the lec, though...

An Hour of Solid State Devices: Solid State Devices drew liquid from my eyes...was afraid ppl might think I was weeping...was yawning that much.

An hour of Math: I DON'T want to say anything about this...too traumatic...lady actually expects ppl to attend tutorials...simply outrageous..!

An hour of DC Machines: Its gotta be pretty good I think, if you can atleast determine the language the lecturer speaks in. I've so far been successful in translating 'Nembers' to 'Numbers'.



Bottomline: Om textbookaya namaha..!

2 comments:

Chandrashekar Anand said...

What do I say? Both of us are sailing in the same ship. :).
Its going to be three more years before we are freed from the clutches of the fu&%ked up lecturers.

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

heh heh..ur maths teacher expects MORE and MORE...trust me...u wu be expected to complete teh tutotirals else blasted off in class...u wu be given home work, which u are supposed to do...she breathes down ur neck standing next to u in class..expects u to work!!!ANDDDD she takes up all free hrs later in sem, and does three or four hr classes together...without EVER leaving u off....and some ppl like her