Monday, February 05, 2007

My Basic Civil Notes...

A force F=6i-3j-2k acts at a point P (1,3,4). Determine the moment of force about the origin.
Solution:

I absolutely refuse to answer this question. I am strongly against such heinous acts that threaten the development of our country. It is my sincere belief that questions such as the one above…

If the position vectors of points A and B are 3i-5j+7k and 6i+3j-5k, find AB vector.

…poison the mind of the younger generation by exposing it to evil ideas such as studiousness and sincerity in submitting assignments…

Show that the vectors 5i+8j-4k and 4i+2j+9k are at right angles to each other.

…and induce them to indulge in criminal activities like studying, writing assignments and attending classes unnecessarily (where the offender’s attendance percentage is already above 75%)…

Show that the vectors A=2i-3j-k, B= -6i+9j+3k are parallel.

…These antisocial activities act as a hindrance to students…

When several forces act on a body, they are called a force system or a system of forces.

…who are interested in performing social services such as filling movie halls and maintaining 90% attendance in college canteens. Even students who sincerely volunteer to perform such good deeds are discouraged by those who indulge in the previously mentioned anti-social activities (studying, submitting assignments, and the like).

RESOLUTION OF FORCES:

‘Resolution of forces’, eh? See what I told you about? This is what happens when you go about listening in class. Resolution of forces, indeed. I have never heard anything more preposterous in my life. If people were to go around resolving forces, what would be the fate of movie halls, canteens and other such student-friendly hangouts? Hence I strongly recommend that ‘Resolution of forces’ must hereby, be declared illegal and punishable by law.

January 25th 2007:

Groan…this man (my basic civil lecturer) sucks…big time! He’s been going on with that crap he calls ‘Problems in Resolution of Forces’ and what I’d call absolute junk. What’s the point? See, he’s now blabbering about some stuff called P, equal to a 100 newtons and another called Q, equal to 50 newtons…or is it the other way round? Who cares? I’m pretending like I’m doing calculations on my 991ES. But I give you my word, I have absolutely no idea of what the whole stuff is about, having paid no attention to the junk when it was being taught.
This chappie (the lecturer) has this funny habit of pronouncing ‘newton’ as ‘newtaan’. I find it hard to control my laughter each time he does it. And hey, he just caught some guy writing something else in class…I think it was his physics record. A fine way to spend time in civil class, if you ask me. Other ways include catching up on some well-needed sleep, solving crosswords (one of my friends suggested that) or if you’re unable to do any of the above, simply vent your anger by writing nonsense in the civil notebook, just like I’m doing now…aah! Its time for lunch…finally…

4 comments:

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

heh heh..let theparty begin..trust me this is just the beginning...it will get sicker ..at least the subject..ultimately u qill spend the sem groaning...good blogg and continue ur crossies...btw, advertise ur blogs..put it on orkut..tell ppl to check it...

Greg said...

Wow! I haven't seen this stuff in a loooong time!

Force decay: when one falls down after too many beers, eventually the head stops bouncing on the floor.

Great blog - I shall return!

Suchi said...

heehee...me hated that paper, though it was pretty simple actually...

'Resolution of forces':
Why divide something that is happy in unity:P

Unknown said...

really super blog ... especially that one abt the big b ... and yes a good way of advertisin it ...